- Log in to multiple accounts within numerous IM networks concomitantly from a single application
- Last updated on 06/22/20
- There has been 1 update within the past 6 months
- The current version has 1 flag on VirusTotal
- Also available on Mac
Pidgin (formerly known as Gaim) is a free and open-source multi-protocol instant messaging client for BSD and Windows. It is compatible with AIM (Oscar and TOC protocols), ICQ, MSN Messenger, Yahoo, IRC, and Jabber, Gadu-Gadu, and Zephyr networks. Pidgin users can log in to multiple accounts on multiple IM networks simultaneously. This means that you can be chatting with friends on AOL Instant Messenger, talking to a friend on Yahoo Messenger, and sitting in an IRC channel all at the same time. It also goes beyond that and provides many unique features. A few popular features are Buddy Pounces, which give the ability to notify you, send a message, play a sound, or run a program when a specific buddy goes away, signs online, or returns from idle, and plug-in, consisting of text replacement, a buddy ticker, extended message notification, and iconify on away.
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 2.14.1
- Fixed issues with Windows installer that always thought Pidgin was running.
- Fixed an issue where the Windows installer was not using Unicode while doing checksums which made it fail.
- Fixed an issue in the released source code that caused the Mercurial revision in the About box to be “unknown”.
- Improved webcam failure handling.
- Fixed initial delay on incoming audio.
- Added an audio mixer so mixed sources don’t cause a pipe failure.
- Added screen share support for Wayland via XDP Portal.
- Handle unplug and replug events of selected media device.
How to Register Software With a Registration Code?-Double-click the desktop shortcut to launch the .exe file.
-Enter your name and the .exe Registration Code precisely as they appear on your registration acknowledgement email when the registration reminder window appears.
-Press Register. Enter all additional details exactly as they are listed on your registration confirmation email, including your .exe serial number.